We are sorry to see our good tenants leave us, but nothing stays the same and you know what they say... a change is as good as a holiday!
Prior to vacating, you will need to advise us in writing and include the tenant/s name, address of the property, your vacating date, contact phone numbers, email, a reason for the notice and a forwarding address. Click here to download a 'Notice of Intention to Vacate', form to make this easier.
Tips for Vacating a Property
In order to make the vacating process as streamlined as possible, please find following a checklist to help you remember everything.
• Contact Energy Australia requesting a final power reading for the day you are vacating.
• Contact Telstra requesting phone disconnection or transfer for the day you are vacating.
• Arrange your mail to be forwarded with Australia Post - we do not forward mail.
• Ensure the property is cleaned thoroughly - stove/oven/grill, floors, bathrooms, inside of cupboards, walls, skirting boards, window sills and tracks etc. Outside check grounds/gardens/lawns, windows and pavements. If the property is furnished, ensure the inventory is checked and all the items are clean and accounted for. A copy of the receipt for the professional carpet clean must be supplied to Place Property Management if this is applicable.
• Arrange a suitable time for you and Place Property Management's Property Manager to inspect the property together if you wish to be present, or alternately we will carry out the vacating inspection when you have fully vacated and cleaned.
• Return all keys to Place Property Management on the day you vacate. If locks have been changed or added, it is the tenants responsibility to make all new sets available to the agent.
• Ensure Place Property Management has your forwarding address and telephone number for future contact.
• Contact Place Property Management regarding refund/transfer of bond monies. Make sure outstanding invoices (eg. water accounts) are paid and that rent is paid up until the date you are vacating.
• Make sure the Bond Refund form has been signed by all parties that originally signed the lodgement form to ensure the quick return of your bond. (Refund of bond can take 1 - 4 weeks depending on the completion of this form).