You may have a bunch of questions that you need answers for... and we're more than happy to talk you through all you need to know. That's our place! And it's what we do best. Give us a call and ask away - in the meantime here a few of our frequently asked questions.

  • Can I sublet my property?

    Subletting is a breach of the tenancy agreement. You must seek permission to add people to your lease. Additional tenants will have to complete our application form and be added to the lease. The landlord may refuse your request if the property is unsuitable for an additional person or the person you are proposing does not meet our eligibility criteria.

  • I broke a fixture in the property, what do I do?

    Don't stress... it happens! If you damage or break something in the property report the issue to your Property Manager. They will be able to assist you and point you in the right direction. Any damages or breaks are repaired or replaced at the tenant's expense.

  • I’m going on vacation, is there anything I need to do before I leave the house?

    If you are going to be gone for a period longer than 14 consecutive days, you will need to notify Place Property Management. This is to ensure that there is no confusion between you being on vacation and possible abandonment of the property. 

  • Can I have pets at the house?

    Any pets that will be residing at the home need to be included with your application and would be included within your lease. If you plan to obtain a pet after moving into the property, you need to notify Place Property Management. This needs to be checked with the landlord. If permitted, they will create an addendum to the lease which must be signed and returned prior to the pet residing at the property. You may also be required to submit a pet deposit.

  • Can I smoke at the house?

    All of our properties are non-smoking residences, which is specified in your lease. You have the right to smoke outside your home.

  • How much notice am I required to give?

    In New South Wales if you are on a periodic agreement you are required to provide 3 weeks written notice, if on a fixed term agreement, the required notice is a minimum 2 weeks notice leading up to the expiration of the tenancy agreement.

  • What costs are involved when I break my lease?

    As you are breaking the contract you will be responsible to continuing paying rent until a new tenant is secured. You may also be responsible for paying all advertising costs and a let fee of 1 weeks rent + GST.